Bombay is now called Mumbai though everyone below the age of about 40 still refers to it as Bombay. In comparison with the other cities in India I've been to Bombay has to be the coolest with great nightlife and a large cluster of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and clubs to stay in till early morning.

The traffic in Bombay is horrendous with most people opting not even to consider getting a car and the mainstay of transportation being autos, auto-taxis and the rather manic trains.


Chor bazaar is a must-see market place in Bombay with everything for sale from clothes, bike-parts, lamps, door-knobs and a large selection of old-style gramophones which i really wanted to buy. The art of haggling is something which must be put to good use if you decide to go shopping here as if not used you will be scammed big-time.














Bombay also has a lot of beaches as it is located on the west coast and you can sit at Not Just Jazz By The Bay or the Sea View Restaurant On Juhu Beach and watch people stroll along the beach and maybe catch a sunset if you're lucky.

I loved Bombay and hope I can make a trip to Bombay again before I leave India as I never even made it Blue Frog or the Gateway Of India on this trip. A special thanks to my lovely hosts Parikshit, Simar, Aminah and Merwyn for letting me stay and all the fun times we had.
No comments:
Post a Comment