After much confusion over buses and taxis I finally made it to the area were I would be crossing the border from Siliguri, India to Kakarbhitta, Nepal. On the train my ear had started to feel sore and now it was intensely sore and I was completely deaf in my left ear.
On the local bus a Nepali dwarf had made it his mission to help me cross the border, much to the annoyance of his wife. After stepping down from the bus he got us a cycle-rickshaw and got my passport stamped by the Indian Visa Office.
Riding across the bridge over the border with the Nepali dwarf sitting to my left-hand side cursing his wife in Nepalese into my deaf ear I was taken aback by how beautiful the scenery was. A wide slow-flowing stream with crystal clear water hitting gently against large grey rocks as people washed clothes and fished in the tranquility as the sun gently beat down.
Already I was beginning to like Nepal!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment